ABOUT BLUE LIGHT
What exactly is blue light?
Great question – and one everyone should know the answer to! Blue light in its natural form comes from the sun, but also from LED lights and digital screens. Overexposure to this high-energy, short-wavelength light can negatively impact eye health and cause digital eye strain.
IS BLUE LIGHT ALWAYS BAD?
There is a difference between natural blue light and harmful blue light, Natural blue light comes from the sun, whereas harmful blue light comes from digital screens such as our televisions, laptops and cellphones. Here are a few points to consider:
- Helps regulate your circadian rhythm
- Boosts your alertness
- Helps memory
- Helps cognitive function
- Elevates your overall mood
- May lead to sleep disorders
- Causes eye strain
- Causes headaches
- Causes blurred vision
- Causes dry eyes
- Causes neck / shoulder pain
HOW CAN YOU PROTECT YOUR EYES?
- By wearing Blue Light Blocking glasses.
- Take short breaks after 20 minutes of exposure to blue light.
- Limit the overall amount of time you spend on your digital devices.
HOW CAN BLUE LIGHT BLOCKING GLASSES HELP PROTECT MY EYES?
Blue Light Blocking lenses reflect and filter blue light emitted by digital devices and artificial lights. These glasses are designed specifically to combat all the symptoms of digital eye strain.
ARE THE GLASSES TESTED?
All our glasses are tested and approved. You are welcome to download the documentation below and check for yourself: